Saturday, March 29, 2008

and now, a third.

for this class i would like to try and use Flash to create more traditional-looking 2D animation. this video from the last post is somewhat what i'd like to go for:



but you can still rather easily tell it was made in flash, if you know much about it. i think what makes it easy to tell is the line quality, flat colors and rather flat style of the backgrounds. i have heard of people exporting frames into photoshop and giving them a more painted look, but I don't know much about that. and I don't know if I can do anything about the line quality situation, but I'd like to try.

what I DO like about this animation, though, is how everything is really drawn by hand and nothing is just being picked up and dragged around the screen. the characters have three dimensions, and you can see them turning around and all that, which is how it is in the old classic stuff. that is the main thing I'd like to get across.

No comments: