Friday, July 16, 2010

sketchy dump

sooo, I *acquired* access to a scanner this morning and was able to scan in some stuff that I've been wanting to, including a non-sucky rescan of the short comic I made based on Walk the Moon's song, "the Ballad of Sebastian Jackson". (yeah, you see that comic in the blog shoutout about me? that's the sucky scan. cuz I had a sucky scanner. there are ton more tones in there than what came through. but this one looks oh-so-much better.) I'm thinking of printing it as a minicomic; gonna ask Nick if he wants copies for the band merch table. INDIE COMICS AND INDIE MUSIC TOGETHER!!!!

and here's a character design I've been messing with; inspired by black-and-white photos of Audrey Hepburn and Cyd Charisse. man, photographers used to know how to PHOTO. they kept it simple. I love all those old BW publicity/portrait-like photos. so clear and awesome.

I honestly can't remember if I've posted any drawings of her before, so here they are again. o___o





her name is Annabel. there's a story for her mouldering in my cranial cavity.

and now, some random stuff. A house next to the church where my brother takes violin lessons:

also, here are lame character sketches of my titular photophobe for the story "Like Lightning" which I have been digitally painting for some time and it is taking FOREVAAAAR. oh well. it'll be done eventually.

the character proportions are inspired by The Windwaker concept art. those dang Nintendo people are AWESOME.

No comments: